Does your web site need a tune-up or overhaul?
If your answer is no to any of these questions, then your site can use improvement in the areas of web Usability, Standards, and Accessibility. Of course there are many other techniques and strategies involved. Contact Web Overhauls today to get your site tuned-up!
Why It's Important
There are many reasons to ensure your web site is usable, complies with standards, and is accessible. Some of them include:
- Increase the speed of your web site and reduce bandwidth (file transfer) which may save you money in hosting costs.
- Quickly and easily maintain your web pages.
- Increase search engine placement with 'natural' search engine optimization (SEO).
- Expand your customer base by making your web site accessible to all.
- Gain customer trust and satisfaction by customers quickly and easily achieving goals on your web site.
- Avoid potential lawsuits by making your site fully accessible.
Learn more about usability, standards, and accessibility, and how these practices can make your web site be more effective for your business.
The Real World
The rules of usability, standards, and accessibility are very important in the real world, and with the law. Here are some legal rulings, mostly regarding accessibility:
- Accessibility Lawsuit Filed Against JetBlue Airways
- Blind Students Sue Law Schools Over Online Applications
- NFB files complaints against 9 law schools for inaccessible web site
- Travel sites settle New York accessibility investigation
- Unfriendly Skies? Blind Passengers Sue United : NPR
- NFB files complaint against Penn State University for accessibility problems
- Blind MBA to have her day in court over inaccessible government websites
- Target to pay $6 million to settle site accessibility suit
- Legislation makes Texas Web Designers do due diligence
- Web Site Accessibility Lawsuit may effect millions of Oracle systems
- Judge Rules That Inaccessible Website Violates ADA
- Suit Over Airlines' Web Sites Tests Bounds of ADA